Registered Gelbvieh and Angus Cattle

About Me

My photo
Limestone, Tennessee, United States
Artist Statement - My childhood has had a profound influence upon my art. Growing up in the Appalachia Mountains, the culture is rich and deeply ingrained in my life and work. My art is an interpretation of memories and life experiences. The connection to the land and consumption of natural resources are the cornerstones of my imagery. I work primarily with printmaking techniques, but I also do mixed media drawings and collages. My process is straightforward. I start with an idea and then begin layering my composition onto the surface, be it canvas paper or plate. I use mostly natural materials, such as native plants, that I collage onto the surface with gel matte medium, gesso, wax and glue. After I achieve a desirable surface texture, I draw back into the image using coffee, ink wash, color pencil, or gouache. By layering the materials I am attempting to undo the act of consumption. Also, I sometimes incorporate the female figure into my work as an archetypal image. I am deeply influenced by the work of Anselm Kiefer.

Sun Set View Farm

Sun Set View Farm, Owned and Operated by:

Charlesey Charlton
Charles Charlton
Mary Charlton